Educational Expenses for Children

If a child will pursue post high school education then in a divorce or parentage case, the parent seeking the other’s contribution can file a request with the court seeking the other’s contribution towards educational expenses. The educational expenses are broad and include tuition, board, books and practically any other expense related to the child’s education. Absent an agreement, the total cost of a child’s education expenses is limited to the cost of attendance at the University of Illinois at Champagne-Urbana. Unless your child is a senior in high school and applying for post high school education (university, college, trade school), the issue of each party’s responsibility towards education expenses will most likely be reserved and to be addressed at a later date. The earliest appropriate time to address post high school education is when the cost of the education are known. The court will take into account the parties’ present and future financial resources, the child’s financial resources, the child’s academic performance and the standard of living the child would have enjoyed had the parents not divorced. The filing of a request with the court for the other parent’s contribution to post high school education expenses is necessary in order to preserve your right to seek reimbursement for educational expenses. You may be precluded from seeking reimbursement for expenses that had been paid before the filing of a request with the court seeking a contribution to post high school education expenses. If you have questions concerning the contribution towards post high school education expenses, call Figiel Law Offices, Ltd. at 773.774.6084 to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.